Veterans: Housing Assistance

The Olmsted County Veteran's Services department can help you get help with housing.

Gather your information 

We need:

  • DD214/Military Discharge Record
  • A copy of the rental lease or mortgage statement
  • A letter from the landlord or mortgage holder stating eviction process has begun or will begin.
  • W-9 filled out by the landlord
  • Copy of all household income from the last 30 days (paystubs, benefits letter from VA ,etc.)
  • Copy of the current 30 day bank statement(s)

If applicable we also need:

  • Copy of your marriage certificate
  • Copy of you divorce decree
  • Copy of any (all) dependent child's birth certificate, including their social security number

Make an appointment 

While walk-ins are welcome, sometimes we are at an out reach event and not in the office. Please call us to make sure we will be available when you arrive.

8 AM - 5 PM
Monday - Friday

Come to the Veterans Services office 

Come to:

Olmsted County Veteran's Services
2100 Campus Drive South East
Suite 200
Rochester, MN 55904

Bring a valid form of identification (Driver's License, State ID) along with all of the information that you gathered in step one.

Want to provide more feedback? Contact us at

Tell us why...