Requirements for Your Appointment
- Completed Application for Permit to Carry, signed and dated by the applicant.
- Valid identification, what an applicant will use when carrying (driver's license, state identification card, passport), address must be up to date.
- Proof of residency, if using a passport.
- Check, cash or money order REQUIRED for each application. No credit card. No ATM available.
- Proof of training in the safe use of a pistol (certificate).
- A copy of the valid identification you are providing and a copy of your proof of training in the safe use of a pistol certificate.
- All applicants need to appear in person, only the applicant, other family members are not allowed in the lobby with the applicant.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years old and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Checks should be payable to: Olmsted County Sheriff's Office.
- Incomplete applications and incorrect documents will prevent application completion during your appointment period. You will be required to make a new appointment.
- If you do not have ability to print the application at home, please come to DOOR B1 at the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment and fill out the application in your car or outside our lobby area (forms and clipboards will be provided). Another option would be to take it home, complete the application and bring back to the location emailed to you with your appointment confirmation.
- Two people from the same household may come in together, but both must have their own appointment time, these appointments need to be back to back appointments.
- Late Customers: We will not hold time slot beyond 5 minutes.
If you have any questions or need to cancel an appointment, call 507‐328-6832 or cancel online.